Interview Preparation Advice from Collins & Associates Recruitment Agency
It’s incredibly important to be prepared for your interview. Even with the right skills, qualifications, and background a candidate must present themselves well to employers in order to be considered for the position.
Prior to the Meeting
- Review the key responsibilities of the job. Know the short-term company objectives.
- Review client website.
- Make a list of questions.
- How can I have an immediate impact?
- Where can the position lead to for an above average performer?
- What are the Company’s short and long-term objectives?
- Wear conservative clothing.
- Bring copies of resume and light briefcase or portfolio.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes early. Go in five minutes early.
- Greet interviewers by name.
- Make good, but not constant, eye contact.
- Be “up” and enthusiastic.
- Know your resume – don’t read from it.
- Cite specific examples from your career that will benefit the company.
- Ask your questions.
- Do not discuss money, benefit or any matters of convenience.
- Remember to send thank you note.